Tuesday, October 28, 2003

J-Lo's Ranch

Sort of a biographical movie about (and starring) Jennifer Lopez, who, we find out, before becoming well-known, was The Who bass player John Entwistle's girlfriend. She is really just using him for his money and celebrity of course. They are part of some illegal operation that runs out of a ranch-style home near the ocean. Eventually the authorities find out and invade the place. Lopez remarks to a female friend how now she will have to start from scratch again, and I'm impressed with her resilience. I am physically present, not just watching this movie, I see the FBI slowly raiding the ranch. There are two old mafia types in another living room just sitting calmly. I decide to flee out the back glass doors, hoping I'm not spotted through the windows. I am holding a glass of red wine as I walk briskly to a crowded boardwalk where many people are excitedly watching the (very rough) waters. I look and there are hundreds of dolphins (more resembling small black and white killer whales) leaping about in the rough surf. I take some pictures with a camera; a little boy points at me and says "Pulitzer," implying that just taking pictures of this strange aquatic event will garner me a photography award.