Saturday, December 07, 2002

The Blow-Up Snake

Extremely interesting (and perhaps embarrassing) symbolically...it seems I've become wrapped up in some "urban legend" about a (toy) snake
that cannot be destroyed...

Earlier my father asked me to unplug my computer for some reason, at some type of large party. The computer
is in some type of backstage area. Later this becomes some type of surprise Xmas party and I've gotten a new computer
which explains the subterfuge earlier. There is also a Playstation (turns out to be original PS.) All I can think is how I
didn't need these things.

Then begins the snake saga. Mostly it is almost like a blow-up pool toy, at best 5 foot long, in the shape of a large snake, white with green dots,
and a scary face on one end. Later I explained I innocently inflated it when I found it in my old bedroom, but it has gotten to the
point where I am trying to destroy it but cannot. I am horrified to find that when I tear it to shreds or somesuch, it simply grows again from one piece.
I go through a variety of situations where I am trying to destroy it, all the while amazed and horrified that I have become part of this nightmare
reality, urban legend come to life. In one rebirth, it has faces on both ends. This all goes on for some time.