Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Human Tower / Israeli Girl / Roller Coaster / Asleep at the Wheel

Earliest part I remember is being in the audience at some assembly/concert in CHS auditorium. At times, I appear to be in a balcony. Some teachers come out and attempt to create a human tower: standing on each others' shoulders in order to nearly reach the ceiling. They almost make it (four teachers high) but then sway and fall forward. Audience is breathless, but fall is silent and graceful, teachers fall as if lifeless and flexible; but they're ok. There is a little girl behind me who has her back to me who begins to play a role in the story.

At some point I'm driving around with the little girl (age 7-9?) as she has possibly gotten separated from her parents and I'm trying to help her. She begins talking about how Israel is right, in that "it's not [the Palestinians'] land!" She's speaking loudly out of a sunroof, and we seem to be stopping at a Nazi checkpoint so I begin to worry and tell her to be quiet.

Eventually she is missing and I'm without the car. I'm near the water, asking some people who live nearby for help/directions. I have a general feeling of comfort with this area and these people. I'm trying to plot the quickest way to get back to a certain road. At some point, an "atom bomb" is referred to.

There is another sequence where I'm in a combination railroad car/roller coaster, feeling very anxious. I realize the root of my anxiety is that, out the front window, I cannot see the bottom due to the extreme decline (we are high up, roller-coaster style.) I try and reassure myself that this is ok, i.e. just because I can't see the bottom doesn't mean trouble.

At some point, I'm suddenly driving in the car on a mostly-empty highway, which I recognize at the time doesn't make sense, since I thought I was on a train. I realize I must have been sleeping and dreaming, while driving, and I'm amazed but also panicked that I've survived driving while sleeping for who knows how long. Where am I? I try to take control of the vehicle, but some strong unseen force seems to guide it over to the left and everything slowly fades to black.