Saturday, September 28, 2002

Gang Violence

Wandering around unknown city with AS. "Low-income area." Many unsavory types abound and increase in number. AS seems to know them, or where she is, but gradually, moving back and forth from one back alley to another, she admits aloud that she is lost and doesn't know these people. Bad idea, I tell her. We are attacked. I'm not sure what happens to her. Instead of me being attacked, I am able to stand and watch a third-person male get surrounded by the gang. It is the most vicious assault on a human being ever witnessed anywhere. 20-25 men stand around the fallen body and pummel, pulverize, spear, and maim him repeatedly for some time. When the crowd clears, there is little left recognizable as human flesh.

I have opportunity to escape. There is a window, and my joy is incalculable when I see there is another roof in jumping distance from the window. I go for it. I am chased by one male individual down some rooftops. I end up on the street, it is daytime, he is across the street looking my way, I hide behind someone else as they walk, but it is a laughable attempt.