Tuesday, October 01, 2002

Falling Towers

In my apartment building, but different and larger than my own, with friends. They recognize an old music teacher they had, leaving the building. It is guessed or believed that she is headed for the airport. I draw/find a map to show my friends how close I actually live to the airport, which is why this all makes sense. On the map, in a strange peninsular location (an amalgam of real NYC geography) situated not so far to my building, are the twin towers. They are impossibly tall (the map is some type of 3-D rendering) and swaying and teetering. I begin to suppose that if the towers fell right over, sideways in the direction of my building, my building would definitely be crushed. But since they are so tall, there might be enough indication and forewarning to evacuate the area, though I wonder how the impact blast and debris would affect even those that got out of the way of the actual collapse.