Thursday, October 03, 2002

Hole In My Head

Very long sequence, with few parts remembered now. At one point, in high school class, joking around. The class empties; I remain. There are some of my clothes on some desks near the door, I am retrieving them. There is a note on them from the teacher to the custodians regarding room cleaning or something, but it doesn't relate to my clothes. A substitute teacher comes in and I have to try and explain why the note is torn. Teacher comes back and
class begins again.

Later, at my parents' house, I have an injury on my forehead in some scenes. I eventually take a bandage off, and looking in the downstairs bathroom mirror, see that I have a very small hole in my forehead, maybe ball-bearing size, though irregular in shape. There is no skull bone behind it, I can see directly through to brain and other organs - pulsating with life. The brain is slightly exposed, pale and veiny, while another little area resembles corn being brought to boil (though not with heat.) I am simultaneously amazed and excited and worried. I think about telling AL about it. But I realize how vulnerable I am now, so I try and find something and somewhere to plug up the opening.