Friday, October 04, 2002

Family Buffet / Citizen Kane T-Shirt / Refrigerator Journal

Some type of family gathering, night-time, place unknown. My father is laughing, near crying to me about a joke. Reconciliation with certain family members. Unexpected compliments from others. Everyone is getting on a line that goes out the door, for this terribly long buffet. I see the other end of the buffet is where the line is actually supposed to start, I look for a tray and try to swim against the current, and it isn't as hard as I suspected.

Things start to break down, dream-wise, when I am looking at the trays and see mashed potatoes, then look back and they are gone. I get confused, understandably, realizing that's "not possible." I continue walking down the street away from the buffet line. EM is walking down the street, wearing a T-shirt. I ask him to stop so I can read it. All I remember of it was something on the bottom about "Kane", I make the mental reference to Citizen Kane and there appears to be some connection.

There is another part where I seem to be writing down a now-forgotten earlier part of this actual dream into a large black journal. But I realize how boring and brief it was. I cross out a word and recognize it is the first time I am making a messy correction in the journal. Somehow, this changes so that I am writing not with pen in journal, but writing using my finger, in icy frost at the bottom of the refrigerator. There isn't much room to write so I make a joke of it, and start
to draw strange symbols in the frost. I am surprised to see the fridge overstocked with beer bottles.