Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Moviehouse Fireball / Guitar Repair Desk / The Hit

Long, earliest part forgotten, though at some point later during the dream, I recounted the whole earlier part in my head.

In a theater with parents and sister, possibly others. Huge fireball, raging fire on other side of theater in small, windowed room adjacent. Immediately we get up to flee out other side exit. We escape, I'm checking my pockets to find that somehow I've lost my wallet and my phone. In car, I'm upset about this, but then later I check pockets again to find that they are back.

In some sort of bustling office building lobby, there's a triangular counter that people line up and clamor around. I have the Hamer guitar with me - was supposedly repaired there, but there is still a buzzing problem so I've brought it back. When I finally get up to an older lady working, I explain the problem, showing the paper I needed to wedge under the G string (I notice nothing under the high E - this all is from reality, gigs last weekend, but different guitar.) She agrees and I hand over the guitar, she says it will be ready...and I jump in "today?" but she's saying "tomorrow." I'm non-plussed, then she says they'll charge me again ($80?) and I'm outraged. Yelling aloud and such, "ridiculous." But doesn't help. A strange hippie type, blond haired security guard kid comes to stand near me. I picture the head of the company (SK?) and consider calling him, but don't have the number, consider calling KK to get it.

Eventually the room clears a bit, generally the story and place changes. There's a message for me that someone wants to see me downstairs. I begin to descend the large, high, open circular staircase cautiously - bad feeling about this. I see some characters from the past. I reach the bottom. Some people see me and signal to someone sitting out of view - bad feeling about this, feel like I'm getting marked. Eventually it's EH and RG that approach me, but I'm backing up the stairs to top. EH looks severely beaten, prison-style, but ironically remarks that I "look good". Possibly sarcastic, fore-shadowing. Top of stairs. EH seems to have RG under his control out of fear, tells RG to take it out and do it or he'll be killed. RG pulls out gun and immediately fires at me a few times, hitting me as I try to run. I must be hit at least 7-8 times. Definitely not going to survive this experience, I start thinking about forgiveness, maybe verbally forgiving RG for doing whatever he was forced to do, since there's no way out for me. Close up shot in the chest - death. I'm seeing it from an outside perspective, body is somewhat decomposed, but cleanly.
Credits roll. Watching the credits, I see option to start again when I'm ready, i.e. next life. I choose other option and wake up.

No comments: