Monday, July 26, 2004

WTC / Cell Phone Anomalies / Subterranean Dwellers

A very long bizarre sequence that had a different energy than usual; more "real." Walking down a city street with a group of people (family/friends.) Someone has some strange powder...I ingest some. I experience an unreal feeling yet am still present. I remark how now "all I can hear are the people talking on the top of the World Trade Center. " Although in the dream, the buildings are still standing, and the people up there are just conversing, I realize this remark may be somewhat disturbing, so I quickly change it to refer to the Empire State Building. Regardless, the idea is that somehow my perceptions are heightened, so that I can hear over great distance.

We enter some other previously unknown area/dimension of Earth, underground settlements of relatively hi-tech construction (i.e. steel) populated by humanoid creatures who all look identical. It is hard to describe them except to say their upper halves are fleshy yet distended/distorted, but each is identically shaped to the others. They move around more like unthinking antibodies in a system than intelligent individual people. At some point my father is taken into another area for questioning or something. On a bus, I have my cell phone; try to get help. Somehow my cousin's number is already speed dialed, so I figure that might do, but putting the phone to my ear, I hear every conversation he and I ever had on that phone, going on all at once. So it is not of any help, though it is momentarily fascinating.

Generally, there is a real sense of passing into another world from which there is no returning. Later, there is another reference to "a top of a building", which I note at the time as both odd and portentous.

No comments: