Monday, August 09, 2004

Happy Song of the Giant Spider / The Siege

This follows a recent dream where I was chased relentlessly by a swarm of bees.

And another recent dream where I am chased through my parents' house by a large monster that is eventually a giant spider. In the upstairs back bathroom, the window leads unto the deck; I'm slicing at monster appendages thrusting through the door. I climb out window to deck, fly down steps, race towards side back fence. Glancing back to see if Giant Spider has caught the trail - not just yet; I'm thinking Giant Spider won't go outdoors, esp. in broad daylight. Over fence. Eventually see that Giant Spider not only has indeed come out in broad daylight to chase me, but is so comfortably pleased with the situation that it is singing a happy little song to itself, about how much it enjoys running in backyards. The song's lyrics refers to its vocalist as a "junkyard dog" at some point.

Last night's dream, in some building, held captive, some people are going through killing everyone. I'm able to hide in a room with a weapon (fireplace poker.) Woman comes in, we struggle, she is surprised I can fend her off. Wedging her skull sideways between poker and wall; someone is coming. I don't want to hurt her, until I realize if I don't, I'm going to die. Slight crushing of her skull then I exit via other door. Look out second floor window, similar to parents' house but different; judge to see if I could slide down roof. Eventually make way to back bathroom (as in Spider dream) and get out that same way again. My father is running towards me from back fence. He is also trying to stop me, but he also describes some food and drink that is placed somewhere in the back, that I could in theory grab some of while running, but he is unable to show me the exact spot. We are on the verge of making a deal to "break" for dinner but I am highly skeptical of this idea at this point in time.

No comments: