Saturday, August 21, 2004

Sister's Vacation / Half-Dreaming / Dream Communication

Only end of dream remembered. Parents wondering where sister wants to go on vacation. They are hoping the answer is simply my parents' house. Sister has other ideas; San Diego, Chicago. I wonder out loud why they would go to Chicago. In one part of the dream, my sister's family unit and members are represented by a simple symbol on a page, somewhere between a graph-like picture and ancient hieroglyphics.

Harder to differentiate dreams from reality recently. Very vivid dreams that seem to blur into real life or vice versa. I was walking into the front door of my apartment building and there was a girl there on the phone holding the door open. I'm not sure when this happened or if it was a dream or reality. Another time, recently, while in bed, I thought there were spider webs at the end of the bed, so I stuffed the covers there between the foot of the bed and the dresser and went back to sleep. When I awoke the covers were still stuffed there, but I doubt there were ever any webs. In a half-sleep state I may have imagined the webs and physically pushed the cover down.

Last night, while in bed in that state between waking and sleeping, half-dreaming, I felt I was able to tap into a network of telepathy between people. A sort of invisible multiple party line. I curiously sought out certain friend's mental doors in the void. I got a lot of wrong numbers instead; a lot of other strangers out there clogging the network with requests for responses. I would not say I literally heard voices, as the experience let me fully realize what a sixth sense might actually mean and feel like - it's something, by definition, you can't describe using the other senses i.e. hearing. A sense of something that just happens and you react to it immediately, as if with the sense of touch, someone tapped you on the shoulder. Something you just instantly know like other sense experiences i.e. without any conscious thought process.

No comments: