Sunday, November 21, 2004

The Airport

Much is, as usual, forgotten now but here's the end: Leaving some hotel, in Connecticut possibly; some type of elevator scene. Avoiding some people or capture. Late arrival at airport (although cross sound ferry is also implied), racing with others to catch flights. Over the PA I hear a relevant reference to a flight to "Lake Ronkonkoma." Since the terminal is pretty empty of employees and anyone else, I show my ticket to a helpful woman who is also travelling with us. She tells me, much to my chagrin, that my ticket isn't even a ticket yet, but she knows how to fill it out to make it look real. She does this, signing this and crossing out that - she knows her stuff. As she is illegally doing this, I make known my concern as airport personnel start to hover around. The ticket becomes attached to a bunch of papers with personal writing and pictures on them, and sketches; nothing incriminating relating to the airport ticket forgery, but I'm suspect. An older female 'employee' pulls a sketch right out of my pocket and I protest this boundary invasion. There is a discussion with the crowd around if that act was justifiable; consensus is yes.

Heading outside to plane, it becomes a different scene involving vans, but I join a group sitting in the sunlight at a table. I knock my cap off my head. There is a vaguely Superman motif to my clothing, others may be wearing costumes also. I'm thirsty. I have a bag in which I search for a beverage. I find some grapes, eat one or two and they are tasty and momentarily refreshing.

No comments: