Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Hanging with Superman

Nighttime, outside near corner of M. Drive, Superman (played by Chris Reeve) has offered to take me flying. Very excited. It's a wondrous experience and while we go fast we don't go too far above the ground, strangely - at one point a truck is coming towards us and I wonder if we will clear it. The whole time it seems I have the 12-string strapped around me, and during the flight at one point I have to adjust it more comfortably, letting go of Superman for a second. Surprisingly this works out ok. At certain points I realize how strange this all must look to others seeing it. We are landing and some guy asks Superman how he feels about his favorite McDonald's meal. Surprisingly Supe is positive. The man begins talking about his favorite when he spots the one Superman liked on a drive-thru menu.

Later, Superman is sad after being asked about what it is like to travel at super-speeds (i.e. turning back time speed) I'm surprised to hear it is not at all physically comfortable to him - analogous to motion sickness perhaps.

No comments: