Saturday, October 30, 2004

Return to HS

In some sort of hotel event area, possibly for some type of reunion. Lots of people sitting around me having fun. I am very excited to see CD - place arm around him. DA shows up with similar looking partner (resembles him.) CD mocks. Instruments come out. Eventually in side hall outside high school band room. Looking for PB - is not seen in dream. I go into band room to watch the young kids rehearse. In the side room, there is a group of kids playing snare drums in a drum corp rehearsal. In order to get up past the main band podium, I have to undo some type of small fence and then re-attach it.

I'm lead into another side room by a young African-American girl (possibly D.) She can dance (hip-hop/MJ style) and wants to show me. I'm into it; bust some moves. Some people (construction types possibly) emerge from other room and we have to return to main room. D is upset. I wonder how this looks i.e. my fault.

At first a female teacher is leading the band, but soon it is an unidentified male. He makes bitter asides and comments in between music passages. He refers to a period in the 90's when nothing musical could be done without the approval of police - generally "the man is keeping him down" kind of stuff. No one else seems to care but I give him affirming nods in support.

Later, I'm in the back of a school bus. AH is there, talking about at first his divorce, and then later someone else's, and his advice on the matter. He refers to some type of coffeehouse or confectionary, pronounced like Choco-lomo or something.

Even later, a band gig with SBK. Singer not quite Aly. Argument with her. Apparently, the owners are mad because earlier I was concerned that there was a problem with the money (i.e. our fee.) Mid-set, I re-assert concerned position, saying I'm happy to leave right now if we're not getting paid. I'm wrapping up cables, eager to leave.

Another night: dream in which email arrives that JD wants me to meet her on 11/1 at midnight. At first, I'm excited; then near-waking, relieved it was a dream after processing some new information.

No comments: