Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The Rescue / Another Show

First thing remembered is rescuing a girl (changing identity, SK?) from a house in Commack from some angry big man (possibly JR with long hair.) Running into house next door, part neighbor's house/part dorm. Looking around, realizing that this is the girl's room, she's collecting her most important stuff, so I realize that angry man will probably look here first; have to escape - but too late. Man/JR is running into house. Doesn't know I'm involved yet, I duck down behind bed and, hardly believing myself, stick foot out at last second to trip man up. Somehow, even though I'm not sure I make contact, it works. He falls, I pick up mattress and throw it on top of him. Looking for weapons, nothing good, but I'm considering using some harmless stuff around, out of panic. Instead, I run out of room. JR has an accomplice, random guy, doesn't seem to want to hurt anyone or do much - he lets me run past, down stairs.

Running across lawn outside, see JR, and accomplice finally takes off after me. I feel like I am running hard, but he is closing in just walking briskly - my confidence is shaken. Somehow we strike up a conversation. He's been working on some rap lyrics and he busts a few. I recognize them as some of CD's old lyrics, so I'm able to join in, much to his pleasant surprise. I'm not sure at this point who ripped off who, but it's making me a friend so I don't care. We talk about his writing and his plans. I'm looking for my car in the street, still to escape, but realize we've walked in the wrong direction, so I have to pass by house again (JR still out front) hoping to be ignored, and am, successfully.

Later sequence, start of some show (HS and LI figures, figure.) This sequence, I now remember, starts when accomplice (from previous part) and I reach a building, and I've got my Roland JC-120 amp, and he is moving it and he accidentally breaks off the fuse, and I'm upset. He's sorry, but I make him realize how bad this is before a gig - impossible to fix. This is all used as further ammunition to save me from his original plan to capture me and bring me back to JR - works.

Soon I'm putting a smaller brown amp together with other performers' stuff - VB is also performing, he wants me to move the amp so he can get at his stuff, and we chat. He says "You won't believe who I got for Mr. L" I realize, when he continues "$100", he means he's got Mr. L to accompany him for the show, cheaply. I've got bubble gum in my mouth and can't answer him, chewing waiting to clear...jokingly talk through bubble gum - gobbledygook. I try to pull pink gum out of mouth but some remains in mouth still, stretching, attached like pizza strands. On waking, I realize the feeling I was feeling in the dream was a very dry throat in reality.

No comments: