Saturday, January 28, 2006

Miscellaneous

Earlier fragment in which Bob Dylan is somehow involved with the 60's song "Yummy Yummy Yummy I Got Love In My Tummy." Either he wrote it or took the original and added to it/re-arranged it.

I'm at a gig, looks like HP's band is playing a certain notorious song. There's his son doing the second vocal. HP sounds terrible singing. It's a large band, and I seem to now be directing it, so I ask the younger, African-American in the band to sing a certain part. They run through it and he (and the piece of music) now sounds beautiful, though someone else is critiquing his diction.

This becomes a theater piece rehearsal. There's a lot of men and one female lead. Avant-garde. She's forced to strip naked for this scene. Seems kind of gratuitous, especially in an early rehearsal. Her clothes have become a huge pile of naked Barbie dolls. For the scene, she has to sit in the pile and somehow clothe herself with the dolls. A huge afro wig might help this since the dolls get stuck in it. An understudy also is forced to strip nude, seems self-conscious, particularly when she's in the pile and realizing that when she stands up again, no dolls are going to be magically attached to her/covering her. At some point, my parents arrive in town for a visit.

Later, daytime, sort of Santa Monica Blvd, I'm driving MI's Jeep and get pulled over by a cop. I was going through some intersection where a certain dashboard button was supposed to allow me to cross legally, but it didn't work, and I tell the cop so through my window. I'm having trouble stopping the car parallel to his. He gets out and I hear what I assume to be him loudly expressing amazement that the Jeep has over 200,000 miles on it. I tap the door and say "I take good care of it", but then I realize the cop hadn't said it, must have been someone somewhere else in the scene.

No comments: